Finance Assistant (Fixed Term – 10 month contract):
As Finance Assistant, you will provide support to the Finance team in its monthly and annual reporting.
Reporting to our Finance Manager, the primary focus of this role is to manage the purchase ledger, ensuring that all supplier invoices are correctly paid in accordance with agreed credit terms and company policy. Key accountabilities for this role, include:
- Processing supplier invoices, ensuring approval and payment in accordance with set procedures;
- Reconciliation of supplier statements to ensure accuracy of the purchase ledger;
- Resolving supplier invoice queries;
- Providing reports on supplier activity and expenditure when requested;
- Posting bank transactions into the accounting software and monthly reconciliation;
- Posting and reconciling company charge card statements;
- Calculating monthly prepayments and invoice accruals;
- Reviewing and posting employee expense claims, advising on the company expense policy when required;
- Maintaining the petty cash facility, ensuring that all expenditure is accounted for;
- Assisting the finance team with month end and annual reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have relevant purchase ledger experience including dealing with supplier queries. Ideally AAT qualified, you will have an understanding of the principles of double entry book-keeping, a working knowledge of processing company expenses and will be familiar with preparing bank reconciliations.
You will demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines, being equally comfortable and productive working both as part of a small team and working on your own initiative, and being self-motivated to manage your workload effectively.
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter to Recruitment@dragonlng.com. Candidates are requested to confirm their availability and current notice period (if applicable).
Application deadline: 09:00hrs on Monday 20th July 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 27th July 2020
Dragon LNG is an equal opportunities employer.