We are currently recruiting for the role of IT Manager to join our existing highly skilled team.
The Role purpose:
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Administration, the principal purpose of the role is to strategically manage the IT department in the provision of best-in-class IT services to the business and provide both commercial and technical consultancy services to all aspects of the business including both corporate and process control systems. You will lead and motivate the IT team to achieve high performance in the delivery of innovative IT solutions that maximise business efficiency and mitigates costs across the business. Due to the size of the IT department this role is considered to be both a management and a “Hands On” role and will require strong leadership skills to motivate, develop and lead the IT team.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Delivering a comprehensive and proactive IT strategy covering both infrastructure and development resources and technology
- Managing the design, delivery and support of all IT systems including business and process control and maintenance systems
- Managing the Cyber security risk for both corporate business and process control systems
- Managing the reduction of risk presented by business continuity issues occurring by implementing a business continuity and disaster recovery management framework
- Developing technology lead solutions to support and facilitate the company’s Crisis Management plans
- Driving the development and introduction of technology based systems that increase efficiency in the workplace through automation and increased employee productivity
- Managing delivery of IT projects through industry standard project management techniques
Qualified to IT degree level with a major technical accreditation such as MCSE / MCPD / CCNA or equivalent, you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an IT service and/or development role and have hands on management and leadership experience.
Strong involvement of working in an IT environment that interacts with process control systems and implementing and managing IT security including cyber security threats are key essentials for this role. Previous experience of working within an energy or similar type industry will be an advantage.
You will foster and sustain effective working relationships and rapport with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure business expectations are fully understood and latest industry developments are considered and deployed where appropriate.
You will be expected to demonstrate motivational leadership, flexibility and adaptability in this role, in return for which the scope and range of the role has capacity for development and growth. The role would therefore suit an ambitious candidate with the drive/hunger for success with a proactive and innovative approach – “A can do attitude”.
As IT Manager, you will be required to participate in an on call rota and occasionally travel to vendor and shareholder offices
- A motivational and inspirational leader
- Must have project confidence and the ability to work independently, sometimes under pressure.
- Focuses on efficiency.
- Team player- works effectively and efficiently with and through people.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Commercial awareness- thinks holistically/sees the bigger picture.
- Will be exposed to very high level/sensitive information – confidentiality and integrity is an absolute given.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently exercise sound risk-based judgment and perform under minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative to take on tasks and set own priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to excel under pressure in a results-oriented work environment.
If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge and have the skills to strengthen our team further, then we want to hear from you so please forward your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com.
The closing date for this post is the 11th November 2016.
Dragon LNG is an equal opportunities employer.