Title: IT Technician
Closing Date: 16th March 2017
The Role purpose:
Reporting to the IT Manager, as part of the IT Team, the job holder is responsible for completing day to day management of, and changes to, the Dragon LNG infrastructure. This is carried out by maintaining business as usual whilst implementing pre-planned and agreed project work as directed by the IT Strategy. The job holder will also be responsible for research into latest technological innovations and enhancements, proposing potential improvements to the IT Infrastructure.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Completion of Business as Usual (BAU) maintenance tasks whilst also ensuring the DLNG IT infrastructure performs at its optimal level.
- Completion of project work to improve the security, reliability and usability of both DLNG Business & Process IT systems, and, the IT infrastructure.
- Research and development into latest IT trends including: security threats and mitigation, advances technology and innovations etc.
- Assisting and delivering on the direction of the Dragon LNG IT strategy and the Dragon LNG IT infrastructure in terms of hardware, software, networking and applications by researching, analysing and recommending change.
- Implementing efficiency, security and robustness changes to Dragon LNG IT systems through a process of constant review, maintenance and improvement.
- Assisting with cyber security risk management and the development of the business continuity plan.
Educated to IT degree level or its equivalent, you will have proven experience in a similar role as part of a busy IT team.
You will be expected to demonstrate good investigation, analytical and problem solving skills.
In this role, it is important that you have a solid risk analysis approach in order to understand inherent IT issues and to propose mitigating actions of solution.
You will be expected to foster and sustain effective working relationships and rapport with both internal and external stakeholders. You will be a team player with the ability to work as part of a team delivering a common goal.
Previous experience of working within an energy or similar type industry will be an advantage.
You will have knowledge and experience on the following technical aspects;
- Networks, switching and routing.
- Configuration and management of Cisco routers.
- Virtualised environments, specifically using Hyper-V.
- Microsoft Server 2008 and later.
- Active Directory and Exchange.
- Core DLNG software – Maximo, Great Plains and Documentum D2.
- Security – firewalls, VPN & network access control.
- Database Administration – Oracle/MSSQL.
- SharePoint 2013 & ASP.NET.
- Audio Visual and IP Telephony.
You will be required to participate in an on call rota
- Able to work independently, sometimes under pressure.
- Focuses on efficiency.
- Team player- works effectively, efficiently and enthusiastically.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Will be exposed to high level/sensitive information – confidentiality and integrity is an absolute given.
- Excellent organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong initiative to take on tasks and set own priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to excel under pressure in a results-oriented work environment.
If you’re interested in taking on a new challenge and have the skills to strengthen our team further, then we want to hear from you so please forward your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org